Monday 15 October 2012

Top 5 - Handbag Essential Lip Products



In this post I will be sharing with you my top five lip products that always sneak their way in to my handbag. I do think it's a few too many lip products to have with you in one bag, but I can never pick between them all in the mornings. 


This lipstick is such a great value, for the formulation and the finish it really is worth every penny. It is a sheer colour, but very moisturising and not at all sticky. I have had this lipstick for maybe 2 years now, and I always miss it when I don't use it for a while. I haven't tried any of the other colours in this range at 17 because I went straight for this after hearing such great things from the beauty community on YouTube, but as all cosmetics are on 3 for 2 at the moment at Boots, I may well be picking a few more colours up and letting you know how they compare to Beehive. 

For those that love the tingle of menthol & mint, teamed with the look of a glassy lip - this is definitely the choice to go for. This is such a versatile product, that can be used on its own, under lipsticks, over lipsticks or even as an over night treatment which in 14 days of use, can visibly improve and maximise you lip appearance! You immediately feel like you have something to smile about when you pop this on using the felt wand concealed in the fabulous Dior packaging. As one of the brand's best sellers, I really do notice a difference when I use this, and definitely consider this a staple which I can team with other lip products. 
Purchased as a treat for myself on the arrival of the new 'Nude' collection from Dior - this is not a colour I would have gone for if not told to try it out by the Dior counter assistant. It is such a great colour for my skin tone, and my lips which are already quite a dark pink really work with this pigment. I don't have the confidence to go for a red just yet, but this is definitely up there with the classics for me, as normally I don't go for anything but a sheer colour this really took me out of my comfort zone & i definitely liked it! The formulation again is the reason that led me to the Dior Rouge lipsticks, as they are just so moisturising and effortless to wear, and when i compare this to a YSL Rouge Volupte I have noticed that this lipstick definitely lasts longer. A pure luxurious lipstick. 

This was definitely the summer rival to Revlon's Lip Butters this year, although the Caresse range came out a little after the much anticipated lip butters, (which I think i scooped up in every colour possible when I found them for the first time). The truth is, the colours for me of the Lip Butters just weren't that wearable, I like subtle pinks for a natural lip, not bright barbie pinks and oranges. I definitely got the natural look with Fashionista Pink - it almost looks like you're not wearing anything on your lips, but gives them a sheer coating of moisture, possibly more than Revlon's do. I decided to buy this whilst in Westfield Stratford City without trying it, and being a little cautious about what it looked like in the bullet, i really thought this it was a big mistake, but a mistake it didn't turn out to be. A great natural lip enhancing product, with perhaps a little less pigmentation than the Revlon rivals. 
After resisting all the hype surrounding this on YouTube, I caved in early September and tried the Natural Lip Perfector out. This is probably the best median product for those contemplating any of the five picks in this post. It's mid-way affordable between all the options, has a felt applicator nib, for easy application on the go, and the fact this is a tube, makes it so much lighter to carry around. Perfect for a night out or when travelling light is important. This delivers a slightly sticky but shimmery pink (as the name suggests) layer to your lips, and leaves lips feeling plumped.

Swatches 



So there it is, my top five handbag essential lip products -




 let me know yours in the comments, or link me to your blog post on your top five! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...